Friday, January 11, 2013

Starting the Semester on a Good Note...

This past week, I started up a Winter Intensive course on theology. One week instead of a whole semester. The first day of class is always a rough one. That doesn't change, no matter how long the class is. You always have to figure out if you have any friends in the class, where you're going to sit, and who the douchey guy with too many opinions is going to be. There are always awkward name games played and generally speaking, the day seems pretty pointless until the professor actually starts speaking. This brings me to one of my favorite moments of this one week class.

Twenty minutes after the professor made it past the introductions and into content, some brave soul raised his hand to ask a question-- "Excuse me, are we going to pray? We didn't at the beginning of class, so I just wanted to check."

Now, I am fully aware that I don't have all the answers (in fact, I have close to zero of them), but if the professor who you are paying to lecture you has not prayed, I would guess that he has probably thought it through. So sit down and listen to the man with more degrees than any other person in the room. He knows what he's been doing. He's been doing it for awhile.

And welcome back for the spring semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment