Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Necessary Clarifying Statements...

1. The goal of this blog is not to hurt or offend anyone. It's just a place to tell the stories of well intentioned people and how poorly I interact with the real world. Who can we laugh at if not ourselves, right? My intention is never to come across as bitter, jaded, or ill-willed and sometimes my thoughts get the best of me and I phrase things poorly. Please accept my apology in that. It happens more than I'd like to admit.

2. I'm not the average seminary student. Which I'm okay with. It just gets me into more awkward situations than I was anticipating upon my arrival at school. I've had people tell me I stand out simply by my hair... I didn't even know that being blonde could render such results!

3. I love being in seminary. Did I ever see myself attending here? Not at all. That doesn't mean that I'm not thankful for the opportunities given to me. I mean really, until I started classes here there was a whole world of theological issues that I didn't even know I should be passionate about. On a regular basis I am overwhelmed by how much I don't know about so many things in the world. This is a great season of life and is perfect for an old-souled bookworm like me.

The world we live in is such a curious and intriguing place and I'm trying my best to figure it out just like everyone else. Below the Bible Belt is merely a way for me to process and laugh a little bit along the way. Please know that my heart behind this is not to bash a fantastic school or hurt the feelings of others. I just enjoy joking about the quirks in life. Join me along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it Chelsea! G-d made you clever and loving and witty, and I hope in His image! Love, ck

    ReplyDelete