Tuesday, December 25, 2012

All The People You Meet Along The Way... Part One


Seminary is an eclectic place when it comes to the people is draws. Although they all have Jesus in common (I mean... right?) they have another thing in common as well-- they are generally a little crazy in some respect, and I am certainly no exception to that rule. Throughout my year and half in seminary, I've started lumping people into a few main categories. Over time I'll explore and explain some of them. Alright, for starters....


First up we have: The Second Chance at Marriage-ers

If at first you don't succeed-- go to grad school and try again. Now, there are some people who legitimately go to seminary because they want to learn (ahem, myself) yet it's not that uncommon to stumble upon someone who has ulterior motives. On more than one occasion I've seen conversations end the moment someone finds out that the other person is "seriously dating,""courting," or engaged. It always ends with one of those because early on in seminary everyone learns to do the ring check. In the normal world, this is more of the full body "damn you're fine" check. But in this world, you can't even get to that level without first looking for a wedding ring. On the plus side, I've seen even the most jaded (and awkward) of hearts find love in this peculiar place.


Stay tuned later this week for another segment of "All The People You Meet Along The Way"

1 comment: